Dear Records Access Officer:
This is a request under the Massachusetts Public Records Law (M. G. L. Chapter 66, Section 10).
I am requesting, on behalf of The Boston Globe, that I be provided the following records, which I would ask be sent in electronic spreadsheet form (i.e. Excel, CSV, etc.):
- Municipal payroll data, in spreadsheet form (i.e. Excel, CSV, etc.), for calendar years 2016, 2017, and 2018, and including one column for each of the following:
- each employee's name;
- the department/office/division they worked in that year;
- their primary, or most recent, job title for that year;
- their total pay for the year;
- how much they earned in regular or base pay that year;
- and how much they earned in overtime pay that year.
- (Note: If it's easier to provide the above information in spreadsheets that include additional columns than what's described above, such as more detailed breakdowns of other types of pay, that is fine, too. Just looking for, at a minimum, the columns described above.)
I recognize that you may charge reasonable costs for copies, as well as for personnel time needed to comply with this request. If you expect costs to exceed $10.00, please provide a detailed fee estimate.
I do not believe the records are exempt under MGL Chapter 66, Section 10. However, if you believe the records contain exempt material, the law requires that you redact only those portion of the records and release the rest of the documents.
The Public Records Law requires you to provide me with a written response within 10 business days. If you cannot comply with my request, you are statutorily required to provide an explanation in writing.
Reporter, The Boston Globe
617-929-3435 / 508-265-2050 (c)
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Boston Globe Media
1 Exchange Pl Ste 201
Boston, MA 02109-2132